Thursday, June 1, 2017

FlashFicHive - 06/01/17

FlashFicHive 6/01/17 challenge post:
https://twitter.com/FlashFicHive/status/870131581977079808

Hi. I'm Gracie Mae DeLunac, or at least that is what I call my creative side. In real life, I'm R. (And that's all the hint you're going to get right now on my real name.)

I drive commercially as a living, currently a limousine chauffeur which is awesome. As of 5/31/17, I have driven 7 celebrities, 1 author, and 1 CEO of a moderate sized company. It is a fun job but time consuming. I am also married to a wonderful husband, and this July makes it 5 years. We were dating for a year before he proposed and we had chatted about five months before we started dating, so it has been over six years that we have known each other. We are parents to two bunnies: Dobby (who is a big monster bun that we have had for 2 years) and baby bun (we don't know the gender yet and arrived into our family on 5/31/17; is about 2 months old). Since we can't have human kids, they are our babies.


Anywho... About writing and flash fiction.



I love reading horror and fantasy. Stephen King inspires and awes me. I want to write horror like him but I usually stick to fantasy.

Favorite length of flash fiction? I'm not sure. Would like a definition of difference between flash fiction and short story.


I have tried to write a few flash fictions but not many. It is hard to make stories decent AND short. The short factor is,always the hardest for me, especially trying to make it understandable and readable.

How often I have tried my hand at flash fiction is simple: not often. I hope FlashFicHive will improve the regularity and skill of my flash fictions. Also, I hope it helps me improve my novel writing. It gets one writing so it should be good, right? We'll see how intensely life tries to interfere with this because it always does when you try to improve something (especially about yourself and your skills).

Well, that's me in a somewhat brief explanation/summary. I look forward to seeing and reading from those at FlashFicHive! May we all become queen bees of flash fiction!


~ Gracie


A quick plug while I'm at it: I run #FictFri/#FictFriNotG on Fridays (theme optional and we poll for the theme the week prior, if I can remember) and #ShareWrit on Saturdays. I'm a bit scatter brained but people like these two hashtags. If I phase out for some reason on the weekends, that's because I'm probably dealing with those two hashtags.





No comments:

Post a Comment