Friday, October 15, 2021

Movie Review: "Hamilton" 07/03/20 Disney

This is a movie review for "Hamilton", released July 3, 2020 via Disney online. I watched this via Disney in the Summer of 2020 before August 9, 2020.



Genre: Biography, Drama, History, Musical

Run Time: 2 Hour and 40 Minutes





Official MPAA Rating (According to IMDB.com):

G / General Audiences

PG / Parental Guidance Suggested

PG-13 / Parents Strongly Cautioned

R / Restricted

X

Not Rated





Trailer







Notable Cast

Daveed Diggs ... Marquis de Lafayette / Thomas Jefferson

Renée Elise Goldsberry ... Angelica Schuyler

Jonathan Groff ... King George

Chris Jackson ... George Washington (as Christopher Jackson)

Jasmine Cephas Jones ... Peggy Schuyler / Maria Reynolds

Lin-Manuel Miranda ... Alexander Hamilton

Leslie Odom Jr. ... Aaron Burr

Okieriete Onaodowan ... Hercules Mulligan / James Madison

Anthony Ramos ... John Laurens / Philip Hamilton

Phillipa Soo ... Eliza Hamilton





Plot

The colonies of America are getting tired of being under the rule of an oversea king. How can the colonies get their independence and set itself up for success? Who are the men and women that raise the nation of the United States of America? This movie follows Alexander Hamilton, one of the founders of the nation, through his life.





Rating Criteria

0/5 – No value whatsoever. Absolute waste of time.

1/5 – Barely worth any time.

2/5 – Pathetic but has a bit of something to hold the attention a little.

3/5 – Somewhat kept the attention but could definitely have used more.

4/5 – Good, but not awe-strikingly amazing. Could have maybe used a bit more to the movie.

5/5 – Go see it! Wonderful movie all around. – characters, music, theme, story line, etc.



3/5 - This movie took me a while to get through. It is a good movie and very informative though I would love to look into more information about the founding of the country. I think that every USA citizen (and maybe others) should watch this to get more information about what created this nation.

There are a few songs that definitely get stuck in my head (especially King George's three songs, "My Shot", "Right-Hand Man") but not all of the songs were great. In fact, the show seems to have 75% song and 25% talk. When you factor in the fact that a lot of the songs are lame as eff, it is a long 2 hours and 40 minutes.


Notable songs:

"My Shot" - Alexander Hamilton (and friends)



"What Come Next?" - King George



Parts of "Right-Hand Man" - George Washington and Alexander Hamilton



Aside the few songs that constantly get stuck in my head and a bit more of an insight into what happened when this nation was founded, this movie was just "meh". I have many other musicals that I would recommend over this one. I am personally glad that I didn't spend money to go to an actual performance because I would have been disappointed, imho, by the whole thing if I had. I cannot say the same about actually going to "Les Miserables" or "Phantom of the Opera". I know, that's a personal preference thing but what can I say but my opinion in my own blog?


Anyways, you're free to watch it yourself if you want. If you don't like fictional history or musicals, you might not like this. Just a fair warning.


Thank you for reading! More reviews are yet to come eventually so keep an eye out.



~ Gracie Mae DeLunac



Contact me?


Twitter @gracie_delunac

Email graciemaedelunac@yahoo.com

Facebook https://facebook.com/GracieMaeDeLunac/

Skype gracelyn2019@yahoo.com



Related Stuff but not actually Related to the Movie "Hamilton"


Alexander Hamilton's Sex Scandal - Drunk History with Lin-Manuel Miranda







"The Real Alexander Hamilton" by Awesomepedia / Reel History






615.

No comments:

Post a Comment