Saturday, November 26, 2022

Movie Review: "Stand By Me" 08/08/86

This is a movie review for "Stand by Me", released August 8, 1986. I watched this movie on August 9, 2020. 


[Note on Oct 15, 2021 as I write this: I find it funny that we watched this almost perfectly 34 years after it was released. I also did not know before now that this is actually an adaptation of a novella by Stephen King called "The Body", one that King said that was one of the closest adaptations he's ever seen of his stories. Third bit of information I found just now was the fact that this is from Rob Reiner; the only thing I can think of is the South Park version of him being super fat, slob, and trying to kill Cartman so to take down the Big Tobacco companies. *hahahaha* And fourth - Wow, Wil Wheaton before Star Trek!]




Genre: Adventure, Drama

Run Time: 1 Hour and 29 Minutes





Official MPAA Rating (According to IMDB.com):

G / General Audiences

PG / Parental Guidance Suggested

PG-13 / Parents Strongly Cautioned

R / Restricted

X

Not Rated







Trailer





Notable Cast


Wil Wheaton ... Gordie Lachance

River Phoenix ... Chris Chambers

Corey Feldman ... Teddy Duchamp

Jerry O'Connell ... Vern Tessio

Kiefer Sutherland ... Ace Merrill

Casey Siemaszko ... Billy Tessio

Gary Riley ... Charlie Hogan



Plot


Four friends go on an adventure to see a dead body down by the river. Along the way, they learn more about each other and themselves.



Rating Criteria

0/5 – No value whatsoever. Absolute waste of time.

1/5 – Barely worth any time.

2/5 – Pathetic but has a bit of something to hold the attention a little.

3/5 – Somewhat kept the attention but could definitely have used more.

4/5 – Good, but not awe-strikingly amazing. Could have maybe used a bit more to the movie.

5/5 – Go see it! Wonderful movie all around. – characters, music, theme, story line, etc.



4/5 - This is a cute movie though it probably would have been more interesting back in the nineties over the 2020s, in my honest opinion. I would have put it at a 3/5 but a gut reaction says I cannot downgrade it that much. Would I watch this again? Maybe but I'm not jumping up to watch it again. I mean, it took me over a year to actually write down the review once I came upon it to write.



Sorry for the delay. Thanks for reading! More reviews hopefully to come in the future (and not a year away from now)!


~ Gracie Mae DeLunac



Contact me?


Twitter @gracie_delunac

Email graciemaedelunac@yahoo.com

Facebook https://facebook.com/GracieMaeDeLunac/

Skype gracelyn2019@yahoo.com






No comments:

Post a Comment