Sunday, June 19, 2016

Sunshine Blogger Award

Judy L Mohr ( +Judy L Mohr ) asked me a few questions for the "Sunshine Blogger Award". Per Judy's blog post:


"The Sunshine Blogger Award is a "get to know the writer better" type of blogging exercise, with a couple of rules attached:

1. Answer all 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
2. Nominate eleven bloggers in return and write eleven (possibly fiendish) questions for them to answer."


Here are my answers to Judy's questions.



1.What word do you think should be deleted from the dictionary? Why?
One word that should be taken from human language is "twerk". It just sounds wrong and indicates a perverse form of "dance".


2. Writing pet peeve? (Pick the worst one, the one that makes you growl every time you see it.)
Too versus two versus to. Cutting words short, not just to save character space (what u doing 2day @ 4?). Seriously, just type it out! [Though using "5" for "five" is okay.]


3. The strangest thing you’ve ever researched in the name of writing?
How eggs are made in a chicken/reptile. The transgender process (eww for the male to female surgery!).


4. If you could name a constellation of stars, what would it be? Describe it or draw it?
I have named galaxies and star systems. A constellation would be nothing in comparison, though the name of Margem comes to mind... I wonder what the constellations would be in my galaxies and how they are named/stories behind them.


5. Greek or Roman? Aphrodite or Venus?
Both. Both Greek and Roman names are valid, though Aphrodite/Ares/Zeus seem more awesome names in comparison to Venus/Mars/Jupiter.


6. What colour is your aura? (Airy-fairy answers please.)
Aura? According to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games, my aura is blue or red. I am okay with that, though I don't know if that is what you're talking about, Judy.


7. What is your definition of roughing it?
Sleep on floor of tent with (maybe) an air mattress. Would I enjoy it? Maybe. …toilet facilities? I have had issues with bathrooming in the forest without an outhouse or toilet. Tramatized me a bit... And with my medical conditions, I would have a hard time camping without bathroom access.


8. Jeep or LandRover?
Jeep. Nineties model Jeep, preferred.


9. Bush or city?
First time I read that, I read "Bush" as in Jeb or George W.

I prefer rural over urban. Less people, less drama. Though cops can be more picky in the countryside...


10. If the coffee bean suddenly became extinct (I know, run now screaming), what would be our caffeine replacement?
I don't drink coffee. Smells good, though, in small amounts.
Caffeine in fountain drinks / sodas / tea.

I tend to go caffeine free for my tea too, though. A good mint tea with honey is rather soothing.


11. Windows, Mac or Android? (Or any combination there of?)
Windows computer, Android phone, and I have owned a Mac laptop before as well as a iPod (2nd Gen?). Whatever does the job.



Ummm... Tagging others? Sure. I don't know if the following people have blogs but I will try anyways.
1. Bethany A Jennings @simmeringmind
2. Rebecca Chase @rebeccahchase  Rebecca's Response
3. Liza Frank @lilithepunk
4. D.H. Poirier @PoirierPages
5. seafordmath @don_lorah 
6. Victoria Greenwell @vg_acorngirl Victoria's Response
7. Aliya Dal Rae @aliyadalrae Aliya's Response
8. Enricoh Alfonzo @Alfonzowords
9. Eilis Barrett @EilisBarrett 
10. Darian Brasher @darianbrasher 
11. A.B. Funkhauser @iamfunkhauser 












Eleven questions:
1. What is your favorite movie/tv show quote? What is it from? Why is it your favorite?

2. What do you like to think about most when plotting (Characters, plotline, plot twists, villainous acts, etc.) ?

3. What is your preference of "apocalyptic" groups: zombies, aliens, or mutants?

4. What kind of food do you eat to feel decent enough to write?

5. Do you bring your own personal views (especially political and religious) into your tales?

6. Would you say you "commune" better with nature when gardening [hands on], lounging outside [kinda near], or viewing it from inside your place [far away]?

7. What is the strangest/rudest thing you have ever heard your written characters say?

8. Paper or plastic or re-usable?

9. What movie/book/show would you say has made the most impression on you? When? Why/how?

10. What is your favorite color? [Monty Python reference? ;-) ]

11. If you were able to publish one of your tales and go somewhere to showcase it (author tour, opening night for the movie, etc.), where would you go? Why?


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classic, just classic. I knew your answers would be fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Questions answered and on my blog. thank you for the nomination, it definitely tested me on a chilled Saturday!
    http://www.rebeccahchase.com/sunshine-blogger-award/

    ReplyDelete