Saturday, March 18, 2017

Movie Review: "Forks Over Knives" 10/16/13 FRANCE

This is a movie review for "Forks Over Knives", released in France on October 16, 2013.



Trailer






Plot
This is a documentary about the cost of eating meat and animal by-products. How can one reverse/heal diabetes, cancer and so many diseases that the world is dying from? Cut out animal products and by-products. Cut out meat, dairy, eggs, and whatnot and you can actually have a plant-based diet heal them.




Rating Criteria
0/5 – No value whatsoever. Absolute waste of time.
1/5 – Barely worth any time.
2/5 – Pathetic but has a bit of something to hold the attention a little.
3/5 – Somewhat kept the attention but could definitely have used more.
4/5 – Good, but not awe-strikingly amazing. Could have maybe used a bit more to the movie.
5/5 – Go see it! Wonderful movie all around – characters, music, theme, story line, etc.

5/5 - This is a wonderful documentary. It changed my life. Since I started cutting out meat in the spring of 2016, I have been losing weight and feeling better. Once I watched this movie at the end of 2016, I have been cutting out dairy and eggs. When I saw my doctor in January of 2017, he said that between April 2016 and January 2017, I have lost almost 40 pounds. "Whatever you are doing, you're doing it right. It is a slow loss so it won't affect you negatively. Keep at it." Though my grandparents, parents, cousins and siblings can't understand why I want to cut cheese, milk, and eggs out of my diet, they are glad that I am getting healthier. In fact, I have been able to lose a few centimeters around my stomach so I am between one size and another in pants. Maybe I will be able to actually get to the next smaller size by the end of the summer. I am just glad that my doctor agrees that a better nutritional diet would be good for me - if I lose enough weight, I could kick my medical issues without having to go for a $16,000 biopsy again. So, there's that.

This movie changed my life. I recommend it for everyone, even if you don't want to change your "lifestyle"/diet. Open your mind and take a peek.



No comments:

Post a Comment